May 28, 2009

Porta Portese

There are many open air markets throughout Rome that offer many items to buy but Porta Portese is a must to make time for. Every Sunday an open flea market is held on the street of Via Ippolito Nievo inTrastevere. This outdoor market is a must see and experience, but, is only open on Sundays from 6:30 am until 2:00 pm. Porta Portese outdoor flea market offers such a variety of items including, handbags, clothing, jewelry, linens, luggage, CD's, flowers, etc.

This market is extremely large and stretches up the road at least a good mile or so. I had walked the entire market and found some excellent deals. The key to this market is bargaining. Make sure you do not take the first price offered. Make sure you work the vendors to a price that is comfortable for you. Be prepared to walk away if you have your heart set on an exact price because they may not be willing to go lower. I had to walk away from these bracelets due to the uncompromisable price that I wanted. Overall, my experience was excellent and I was able to talk down the prices of jewelry and clothing walking away with three pieces of jewelry and two tunics for a total of forty-one euro's. I strongly suggest to make a Sunday free to go to this market. It is a great market to get great deals at and I hope everyone has the same luck that I found!

No comments:

Post a Comment