May 28, 2009

Roma Finale 2009



Last night Rome held the Championship game, Barcelona vs. Manchester United. My roommates and I had gone to the Campo de' Fiori bars to watch the game that started at 8:45 pm. The bars throughout Campo de' Fiori were all crowded with plenty of people swarming a television trying to get the best view of the game. After shimmying my way through a packed bar my roommates and I got a view directly in front of a television. However, inside the bar we were squished like sardines in a hot, humid and smelly place.

The end result of the game was Barcelona winning which seemed to be the picked over choice within Campo de' Fiori. After the game there was plenty of chants and cheers going on throughout the streets of Rome! I even saw people jumping into various fountains located in Rome celebrating the win of Barcelona. This experience was much like a Penn State football game that is extremely important or another big game with die hard fans, like the Phillies winning the World Series. This was an excellent opportunity to experience even though I was not rooting for one team over the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment